Our client, located in Dundas, ON is looking to fill the role of Shipping Clerk.
As the Shipping Clerk, you will be an essential member of the team responsible for the shipment of products to multiple locations throughout North America.
- Prepare and schedule shipments on a daily basis
- Schedule transportation with carriers/couriers
- Track shipments and verify receipt of shipments as required
- Provide daily order and skid count to shipper/receiver
- Report any document discrepancies with production, sales, and shipper/receiver
- Review shipping quotes with sales as needed
- Package and ship sample packs
- Process all paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking
- Maintain filing of shipping documents
- Negotiate shipping rates with carriers and couriers
- Organize current and following day shipping schedules; ongoing
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments, and deliveries
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Maintain regular and professional verbal and written communication with staff, customers, and suppliers
- 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Direct experience working as a shipping clerk or coordinator preferred
- Knowledge of online shipping and tracking, utilizing a variety of shipping systems (UPS, FedEx, Purolator, etc.)
- Familiarity with accounts receivable/accounts payable procedures an asset
- Knowledge completing waybills, bills of lading and international shipments
- Ability to weigh and measure items
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Detailed oriented, multi-tasking, and work with a high degree of accuracy
- Hourly wage and benefits commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com with your resume. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted – please no phone calls.
Westridge HR will take all reasonable steps throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure that the standards outlined in Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) are upheld. Job applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the hiring process should contact us at 905-246-7137 to communicate accommodation needs.