Niagara Clifton Group is currently seeking to fill the role of Retail Buyer / Purchaser.
Reporting to the Retail Manager, as the Retail Buyer/Purchaser you will research, identify, select and purchase lines of products for Niagara Clifton Group’s three (3) retail stores located on Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls Ontario Canada. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized individual with great attention to detail. In addition, the ideal candidate will also need to negotiate with suppliers to secure products and pricing.
- Identify customer preferences and forecast consumer trends;
- Evaluate supplier options according to prices, quality etc. and determine the best choices;
- Discover and purchase new products and check the quality and popularity of those already on our shelves;
- Negotiate terms of agreements to achieve the best deal for our company;
- Ensure the timely delivery of products and compliance with the contracts of purchase;
- Monitor stock levels and make plans for buying within budget;
- Create reports on sales, budgets and customer satisfaction and adjust your strategies accordingly;
- Forge and maintain trust relationships with suppliers to promote fair dealing;
- Attend events, fairs and exhibitions to remain up-to-date with the market’s trends;
- Lead and manage a team of seasonal stockroom clerks; and
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the retail department.
- University degree or college diploma in business, commerce, administration, economics, a related field, or equivalent experience;
- +5 years of experience as a retail buyer, retail purchasing, or comparable role or equivalency;
- +3 years of experience with souvenir purchasing or equivalency;
- Demonstrable aptitude in effective negotiating skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Knowledgeable of purchasing best practices;
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques; and
- Excellent computer knowledge using MS Office; knowledge of purchasing software is considered an asset.
- $48,000 to $58,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Niagara Clifton Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Niagara Clifton Group believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.