Our Niagara Region client is currently seeking to fill a Hotel General Manager position.
The Hotel General Manager will be responsible for the total operation of the hotel. The ideal candidate will take ownership of all areas of the business and work with Corporate Home Office in rolling out Company programs and initiatives. The ideal candidate must be focused on ensuring the very best experience for guests.
- Manages and leads multiple teams and departments by providing direction, support, and guidance.
- Ensures room revenue is maximized by revising room rates and checking competitive rate offerings in the market.
- Recruits, selects, trains, and manages employees to deliver superior guest services and quality products that will lead to maximizing guest satisfaction, revenue and profitability goals.
- Creates and maintains customer-driven operations, empowering hotel staff to excel in superior customer care.
- Develops, recommends, implements and manages the hotel’s annual budget and long-term business plan. Achieves budgeted sales and maximum profitability.
- Creates innovative programs in response to market conditions and revenue opportunities.
- Protects the hotel’s financial assets by properly administering policies and procedures for handling cash, credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions.
- Properly administers policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and employees.
- Prepares monthly reports for owners
- Ensures regular assessment and review of all hotel personnel by appropriate management staff.
- Coordinates internal training and development programs.
- Maintains a high personal visibility throughout the property and throughout the community.
- Implements and adheres to Health and Safety policies and procedures outlined by the Company.
- Performs all other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of hotel management or supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Strong leadership and a professional image.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
- Must have a high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- $60,000 to $70,000; commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Westridge as well as our Client will take all reasonable steps throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure that the standards outlined in Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) are upheld. Job applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the hiring process should contact us at 905-246-7137 to communicate accommodation needs.