Property Maintenance Manager
The Niagara Clifton Group is currently seeking to fill a Property Maintenance Manager position.
The Property Maintenance Manager will be responsible for leading a team of 8 to 16 maintenance workers and hiring contractors to maintain 2 hotels, 2 restaurants, 3 quick service restaurant locations, 3 retail shops, 7 attractions, maintenance workshop and the administration buildings. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the maintenance department, which includes, but is not limited to administration, scheduling, performance management, delegation of work, inventory, and procurement. In addition, the ideal candidate must have working knowledge of construction, drywall, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, and fixtures. This position is vital to the organization’s success with the overall goal to maximize our customer and guest experience.
- Inspect property daily, on an on-going basis, to identify maintenance needs and create action plans to address issues;
- Lead a team of maintenance staff by providing direction, support, and guidance;
- Assign and delegate work to maintenance team;
- Maintain records and work orders of all maintenance department activities and projects;
- Perform and lead preventative maintenance including, but not limited to, HVAC, electrical and plumbing repairs, bathroom fixtures, pool maintenance, grouting, caulking and tile repair, paint and drywall repairs, carpet repairs, fixture replacement or repairs, and ensure amenities are in good working order;
- Respond to department requests to address immediate issues;
- Order parts, equipment, and fixtures to ensure business can operate smoothly;
- Contact and approve third-party contractors and vendors
- Ensure that Company’s preventative maintenance program is monitored and maintained;
- Ensure all grounds and buildings are properly maintained and present a professional appearance to the public and are safe for guest use, which include, but is not limited to, management of cutting grass, trimming trees, planting and maintaining flowers, raking leaves, sweeping, cleaning and hosing sidewalks and driveways, picking up litter, salting, sanding and shoveling;
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment works adequately and conduct minor repairs as necessary;
- Ensure that the safety of the guests and staff is assured by strictly adhering to the fire code;
- Implement and adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures outlined by the Company;
- Be on-call contact for all maintenance inquires, which may include occasional off-hours calls; and
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested management
- 8+ years of hands-on building or facility maintenance experience; attractions, hotel and/or restaurant maintenance experience preferred;
- 3+ years of management experience in a multi-unit facility;
- Knowledge of building systems: HVAC, boilers, plumbing, electrical, structural, and mechanical
- Able to maintain positive relationships with managers and employees;
- Able to manage and prioritize a variety of activities;
- Able to troubleshoot problems;
- Must have a high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability; and
- Must be available to direct staff over the phone on evenings and weekends, especially in the peek summer months.
- $68,000 to $88,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates, please send your resume. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
The Niagara Clifton Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.