Licensed Electrician (309A)
Verhoef Electric is a well-established, family-run, electrical contracting company located in the Niagara Region. Since 1984, they have served Niagara and have also completed projects throughout North America. Now in its second generation, Verhoef Electric continues to provide for commercial, greenhouse and household needs. Verhoef Electric has diverse experience in a variety of electrical projects and has a proven track record of reliability and exceptional service.
Verhoef Electrical is currently seeking to hire a well-rounded licensed journeyman to join their team. Answering to the owner, the new team member will work with the engineer and project manager and supervise journeymen and apprentices.
- Oversee the renovation and installation of electrical systems in commercial, horticultural and residential settings;
- Direct on-site workers, material requirements and schedules;
- Ensure the team’s compliance to the OHSA code;
- Effectively use the Ontario Electrical Safety Code;
- Identify customer preferences and forecast consumer trends;
- Troubleshoot and correct faults;
- Work independently and as part of multi-function team;
- Provide effective communication to site workers and other contractors and office staff;
- Train and mentor apprentices;
- Complete work orders at the end of each day; and
- Ensure exceptional workmanship from all direct reports.
- Valid 309A license;
- Minimum two (2) years experience as an Electrician in a commercial environment;
- Clean drivers license;
- Trade school transcript;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Able to take and give directions and be receptive to training and mentoring apprentices;
- Strong ability to read electrical drawings;
- Proficient in mechanical assembly and maintenance skills;
- Motor control experience an asset; and
- Please ensure resume includes all safety certificates, training and first aid qualifications.
- Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates, please send resume to Elma Regnerus, Office Manager at email@example.com. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Verhoef Electrical is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Verhoef Electrical believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.