Hotel Front Office Supervisor
Our Niagara Falls client is currently seeking to fill a Front Office Supervisor position.
The Front Desk Supervisor will oversee all operations relating the front office including guest interaction and front desk staffing. The Front Desk Supervisor will create a positive experience for guests, ensuring their team is well trained, personable and attending to the needs of guests. You will contribute to the success of the hotel by ensuring guests have a positive check in and check out experience, and create a motivating work environment for your team of front desk staff.
- Supervise all Front Office operations including, but not limited to, guest registration (check-in/check-out), room inventory and availability, oversee front desk staff,
- Monitor and develop team member performance providing supervision and scheduling
- Meet and greet guests and respond to guest inquiries, requests and issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Manage all guest requests and delegate tasks accordingly with other departments
- Answers all inquiries in a friendly and courteous manner, using clear speech and active listening
- Assist guest with luggage when necessary
- Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Maintain excellent communication with the Housekeeping and Maintenance departments
- Recruit, train and develop team members
- Maintain cleanliness of Front Desk area
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work front desk shifts which may include evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of customer service experience required
- Hotel/Hospitality education preferred
- Prior hotel Front Desk experience in a supervisory role is desired
- Requires strong organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Service oriented style with a professional presentation
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Knowledge of reservations systems
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- $50,000 annually, commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates, please send your resume. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Westridge as well as our Client, is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.