Westridge HR, on behalf of the Port Credit Business Improvement Area (PCBIA), is currently searching for a professional and dynamic leader to fulfill the role of General Manager.
Port Credit is a vibrant waterfront community, brimming with history, culture and personality. With its small town charm and big city amenities, Port Credit is often referred to as the Jewel in the Crown of Mississauga. The ultimate goal of the BIA is to provide an environment that promotes the area as a place for shopping, dining, entertainment and financial and professional services.
This position is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day management and operations of the Port Credit BIA and to deliver on the Strategic Plan as directed by the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities include: providing leadership and guidance to the BIA’s stakeholders; in conjunction with the Board of Directors, execute operational planning and management, marketing and event management, human resources, funding research and advisement, financial management; stakeholder relations; day to day operations and administration. A full job description will be provided upon request.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of management experience within the BIA industry or related organization.
- Management and consultative experience. Communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience leading, influencing and managing projects and relationships.
- Experience with government relations, agencies or association affiliations.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, business or other related disciplines.
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolutions, collaborative and facilitation skills.
- Superior writing skills to compose and produce all correspondence and project related presentations and communications.
- Appreciation of customer and member requirements to support a partnership relationship with the members in the management of the PCBIA.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, confidence and presence, make decisions and recommendations.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Ability to concurrently manage projects, initiatives and relationships.
- Strong computer skills – Powerpoint, Microsoft office, Work, Excel and Quickbooks.
- Limited travel – meetings and conferences.
$70,000-$75,000 per year commensurate with experience.
September 25, 2018 at 4:00pm
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those advancing through the selection process will be contacted.
Port Credit BIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Port Credit BIA believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.