Denny’s Restaurant is currently seeking to fill multiple Assistant Manager positions.
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting management in monitoring the day-to-day activities of subordinates, aiding in monitoring associate productivity, assigning responsibility for specified work and/or functional activities within the framework set by management, giving work directions, and monitoring scheduling for adequate shift coverage. This position also maintains knowledge of and monitors compliance with all corporate standards and, through leadership and example, encourages the highest level of sales and customer service performance by other associates. This position also performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by Management.
- Completes opening, daily and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures
- Coordinates with management for on-the-job training of new associates
- Operates cash register and voids transactions as needed while following all company cash handling policies and procedures, and maintains proper security of cash at all times
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or use of a hand truck
- Implements product rotation based on product code dates in warehouse and concepts, orders product and participates in physical inventory counts as required
- Resolves customer complaints in a manner consistent with company policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies food standards
- Monitors compliance with safety guidelines, builds awareness about safety, and reports any safety concerns to management
- 1+ years of restaurant experience preferred
- Knowledge of restaurant operations n a casual dining restaurant
- Able to work in high-volume and fast-paced environment
- Maintain positive relationships with employees and customers
- Ability to manage a variety of activities simultaneously
- Must be available to work evenings and weekend
- Multiple shifts available: day, afternoon, and midnights
- Able to stand on your feet for several hours at a time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Able to withstand hot temperature conditions
- Able to bend and kneel
- $15.00-$18.00/hour commensurate with experience
- Participation in employee tip pool, which can average to approximately $1 to $7/hour in addition to the wage rate.
- Full-time, Manager
How to Apply
Qualified candidates, please send your resume. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Dennys is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.