Date Posted: October 7, 2019
Sales Manager – Food Equipment
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: North York, Toronto
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Restaurant Equipment Manager, the Sales Manager is responsible for managing the Sales of New & Used heavy restaurant equipment and overseeing the lease-to-own / rental customers. The Sales Manager will prepare sales policy and sales quotes, provide individualized solutions for clients and oversee all aspects of the sales department from murchandizing to warranty management. The ideal candidate is a far-sighted sales leader with forward thinking ideas who can develop a dynamic sales team.
MVR Cash and Carry is a food wholesaler and restaurant equipment supplier situated in the heart of Toronto serving restaurants, convenience stores, independent grocery chains, caterers, bakeries, distributors and non-profit organizations. MVR Cash and Carry is a family owned and operated business that has become known as a “one stop shop” for many retailers and food establishments.
- Works directly with the Restaurant Equipment Manager to implement the restaurant equipment divison’s sales strategy;
- Help achieve sales goals of New & Used restaurant equipment, with support of Sales Associates;
- Solicits new business within territory with short and long-term growth targets;
- Work with lease-to-own/ rental customers;
- Oversee, train and motivate sales team;
- Prepares quotes and recommends products or services based on customer needs;
- Oversee merchandizing of equipment within the showroom;
- Strategic business analysis, marketing research, cost analysis and comparative draft reporting;
- Sales policy drafting.
- Warranty / Service Management with staff support;
- Maintain sales and client logs / monthly sales reports, buying reports and inventory management;
- Co-coordinate with suppliers for product knowledge sessions;
- Manage on-time delivery of equipment; and
- Other projects and responsabiliites to support the Restaurant Equipment Manager.
Competencies and Skills:
- Post-secondary or equivalent education / 1-3 years’ experience in an industrial/ commercial sales position. Prior experience in food equipment sales an asset;
- Awareness of lease-to-own/ rental program an asset;
- Self-driven, engertetic personality with proven ability to sell;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with well-developed negotiation skills;
- Problem solver with the ability to provide creative solutions to unique customer requirements;
- Ability to initiate and maintain territorial activity via various methods of contact i.e. Cold call, email, fax, mail outs;
- Profissient in EXCEL / WORD. (AQ is a plus). Ability to be organized with respect to on-going calls/discussion for follow-up;
- Multi-lingual Is an asset; and
- Valid Drivers Licence for travel to customer sites on an occasional basis.
- Commensurate with experience.
Benefits of working at MVR Cash and Carry:
- Health Benefits
- Store discounts
- Regular hours (no shift work)
- Free Parking
- Central location, easy to get to
- Tight-knit culture with strong leadership
- Opportunities for growth
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates, please send your resume. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Westridge HR, as well as our client, is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Westridge HR, as well as our client, believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.