Date Posted: September 4, 2019
Manufacturing Support – Parts Unloader
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $16.00 - $18.00 / hour
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
To Apply: email@example.com
The Part Unloader provides general manufacturing support with a primary focus on unloading, stacking and labelling steel, stainless steel & aluminum laser-cut parts from pallets.
Barlow Manufacturing, located in Stoney Creek, is a family owned and proudly Canadian company serving the Hamilton and surrounding area for over 80 years. They offer a comprehensive line of conveyor product offerings with strong specialties in the Bottling, Packaging and Glass Industry. All products are designed and built in-house; from conceptual engineering and manufacturing, to controls integration and installation. Barlow is also a leader in the manufacturing of custom industrial cleaning, drying, and blow-off systems through its sister company, Pioneer Industries.
- Removal of laser cut parts from sheet/plate skeleton
- Neatly stacking similar parts and affixing labels per instruction sheet
- Maintaining & recording accurate counts of parts in stacks
- Deburring of parts when required
- Operating overhead crane to assist with lifting of heavier parts
- General manufacturing support duties as assigned
- Follow all Company Health and Safety policy, procedures and work practices
- Secondary School Diploma/GED
- 1+ year experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Valid Lift Truck Operator certification preferred
- Self-starter, self-regulated; ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Understanding of weights & measures with experience reading various types of measuring equipment
- Basic knowledge of machining/machined parts/general fabrication shop processes
- Experience operating an overhead crane
- Experience using small hand power tools for deburring, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to bend, kneel, walking carrying and lifting and Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- High level of attention to detail & accuracy
- $16 – $18.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package.
- Full Time
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified Candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Barlow Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Barlow Manufacturing believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.