Date Posted: March 14, 2020
Full Stack Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dundas, Ontario
To Apply: email@example.com
Are you looking for a market-leading company where your ideas are welcomed and respected? A supportive and inclusive environment where talented people experiment with new things and enhance their personal and professional growth? If so, think about Canada Coaster.
We are Canada Coaster and we make coasters, yes that’s right, beverage coasters. The ones you find under almost every glass of liquid you consume in a restaurant. Located in the Dundas area of greater Hamilton, we are proud to be a long-standing leader and innovator in the coaster industry. In fact, we are North America’s premier coaster manufacturer specializing in providing customers with custom coasters printed on premium European pulpboard.
If you love thinking about complex problems and turning your ideas into code; enjoy debugging and troubleshooting; you aren’t afraid to take on new challenges and you’re looking to join a group that is friendly and supportive, all working hard and helping one another succeed, this is the team for you!
As Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be reporting to the IT Manager, and be part of the IT team that is responsible for maintaining and extending current systems along with the development of new module and applications, updating client websites, and ensuring the security of networks and servers.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will:
- Maintain and develop existing and new code base, interfaces and APIs using various web technologies, including PHP, jQuery, Vue.js, Laravel, MySQL, R, Python, Shell scripting, REST/SOAP and AJAX per instruction from the department manager;
- Debug and troubleshoot;
- Update client websites using XHTML/CSS, PHP and MySQL;
- Help ensure uptime and maintain security of existing networks and servers.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Diploma in computer/web programming, or Degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field;
- 3+ years’ experience with PHP and/or LAMP programming;
- 3+ years of experience with MySQL (database design, query authoring/optimization);
- Experience with Linux/Unix, Networking, Apache, NGINX;
- Experience in developing and integration with REST/SOAP APIs;
- Experience with Docker, MAMP, Mac OS, Microsoft Exchange, Phone Systems/Software, Crontab, Launch Agents/Daemons and Adobe Photoshop are considered assets.
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills and experience:
- Fluent in (X)HTML/CSS;
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix, Networking, DNS, Apache, NGINX, CentOS, CPanel, Microsoft Windows Server;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Self-motivated, seeking out additional work;
- Ability to think clearly and logically under pressure;
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making;
- Ability to prioritize and multitask on a wide range of competing demands.
This exciting opportunity comes with a competitive salary and health benefit package. Start time is asap.
How to Apply:
If this describes your passion, skillset and experience, we’d love to hear from you! Our online application will allow you to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take about 10-15 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging into the application tool. We will review applications as they are received and really look forward to hearing from you.
Canada Coaster is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Canada Coaster believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.