Date Posted: October 10, 2019
Director of Marketing and Communications
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Niagara Falls, On
To Apply: Please send your creative cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Westridge HR, on behalf of Niagara Falls Tourism, is currently searching for a professional and dynamic leader to fill the role of Director of Marketing and Communications.
Reporting to the President and CEO of this non-profit organization, the newly created role of Director of Marketing and Communications will work collaboratively with an experienced team of professionals; leading the promotion of one of the world’s most amazing natural wonders as a premiere global destination with a focus on showcasing its members’ incredible properties and experiences.
About Niagara Falls Tourism:
Niagara Falls, Ontario, is a signature Canadian tourist destination that boasts 14 million visitors a year from all over the world. Niagara Falls Tourism (NFT) is the official destination marketing organization responsible for the growth of tourism in this globally competitive marketplace. The organization brings a strong competitive brand that attracts increased visitation, generates significant economic activity, and is the number one employment sector to the City of Niagara Falls.
In the role of Director of Marketing & Communications, you will be accountable for developing and leading the execution of the marketing and communications strategic plan; including the social/digital media plan; focusing on driving brand reputation/design and increasing consumer demand to translate to increased tourism expenditures with its member business partners/clients.
In this role you will:
• Develop and lead the execution of the marketing & communications strategic plan and related projects; including all related budgets.
• Identify and translate relevant business analytics and intelligence into meaningful reports and business recommendations; capitalizing on identified tourism/hospitality trends.
• Develop and manage all travel media strategies and activities; proactive and reactive; ensuring their alignment with the organization’s strategic plan.
• Provide leadership in the areas of digital and social media marketing; including management of the website and overseeing of all social media activities and sites.
• Maintain and grow corporate and project communications networks.
• Drive continuous improvement of all SEO & SEM and email strategies; focused on the goal of increasing organic rank and traffic.
• Lead event and tradeshow strategy; focusing on lead generation, education and brand awareness.
• Develop and lead execution of all Email Marketing strategies.
• Lead, coach, and mentor all marketing & communications team members.
The ideal candidate will possess the following Skills and Experience:
• Graduate or post-graduate of a tourism marketing, public relations, new media, advertising, communications, or business program.
• 8-10 years of progressive experience in tourism/hospitality marketing and communications management.
• An understanding of the current Niagara Region’s tourism/hospitality market including opportunities and challenges being faced by its business stakeholders.
• Strong digital marketing experience and solid foundation in marketing strategy including understanding of core web technologies, content management systems and mobile application methodologies.
• Highly organized and a self-starter with strong multi-tasking, prioritizing and project management capabilities.
• Demonstrated experience creating and managing budgets, interpreting P&L activities, working with business models and managing complex stakeholder groups.
• Senior leader who can impact both strategic and tactical marketing/communications initiatives by mentoring and developing team members.
This exciting opportunity to join a remarkable organization comes with a competitive salary and benefits.
If you possess a superior understanding of the tourism, media and marketing landscape in the Niagara region, and have a progressive marketing as well as communications background, we would love to hear from you!
We look forward to viewing your resume, and your creative cover letter. Both resume and covering letter can be sent to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those advancing through the selection process will be contacted.
Niagara Falls Tourism is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Niagara Falls Tourism believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.