Date Posted: March 17, 2020
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Burlington Area
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Westridge HR is currently seeking a Controller on behalf of our Burlington Area Client in the Manufacturing Industry.
The ideal candidate enjoys providing financial leadership within a growing mid-sized company; developing a finance & accounting team; and having direct accountability to an entrepreneurial owner with several active business interests.
In this role you will lead the following job functions
• Prepare monthly and annual financial statements
• Coordinate and prepare annual operating and capital budgets and proactively recommend continual improvement initiatives
• Monitor, manage and control cash requirements of the company
• Responsible for compliance with government reporting requirements
• Supervise and develop accounting & finance staff; including payroll function
• Ensure accuracy of costs and inventory transactions
• Lead year end physical inventory
• Work closely with the owner to drive and increase business productivity through the analysis of financial reports and recommendation of strategic finance initiatives
You will excel in this role if you posses the following:
• Accounting Designation (CMA, CPA, C.A. CGA) or an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related field
• 5+ years of experience managing a finance department
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and procedure driven
• Strong knowledge of job costing and manufacturing
• Knowledge of corporate tax
• Ability to analyze financial/operational processes/procedures and costs to identify inefficiencies and cost saving strategies
• Proven ability to develop and implement improvements and achieve results
• Proactive, creative approach to seeking and identifying solutions
• Competitive to industry standard
• Health benefits
• Qualified applicants, please submit resume to email@example.com. We thank all who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Westridge HR, as well as our client, is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Westridge HR believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.