Date Posted: October 31, 2019
Chef de Partie
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Niagara Falls, On
To Apply: email@example.com
As a Chef de Partie at Commissos you’ll have the chance to work with a team that values fresh and flavourful ingredients, and always strives to provide customers with the latest healthy living options.
When you work with Commissos you’re offering customers the opportunity to shop in a high-end grocery store that has so much more to offer than a traditional grocery store. Plus, as an employee, you get a store discount card so YOU can shop here and create your own savoury meals at home. You will also receive health benefits, a discount on bistro items, free parking, growth opportunities and the chance to be part of an amazing team that LOVES FOOD!
In the role of Chef de Partie you will report to the Chef and will supervise food production personnel, assist with food production tasks and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the execution of a high volume of daily meals;
- Assist with supervision and training of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production activities;
- Coordinate catering events and expand the catering department offerings;
- Ensure quality and safety of kitchen including equipment, food and supply inventories;
- Assist with maintaining inventory system and ensuring all stock is ordered;
- Assist with schedules of department staff members;
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal/presentation and flavor of foods;
- Demonstrate superior standards of customer service and customer interaction;
- Educate customers on speciality products and healthy eating options; and
- Support divisional business objectives.
You will excel in this role if you possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years in a high-volume kitchen (preferably hotel or banquet hall setting);
- Hands on leader who is enthusiastic and has loves to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Posses full understanding of HACCP procedures;
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry;
- Good comprehension of the English language, both written and verbal;
- Commensurate with experience; Health Benefits after three months of service.
How to Apply:
If you feel this role is a great fit with your passions and experience, we would love to hear from you! Qualified candidates, please send resume to Commisso’s Fresh Foods Human Resources Department. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Commissos Fresh Foods is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Commissos Fresh Foods believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.