Date Posted: October 31, 2019
Assistant General Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Niagara Falls, On
To Apply: email@example.com
Westridge HR, on behalf of our Niagara Falls Client, is seeking an Assistant General Manager for a hotel located in Niagara Falls.
Would you love to be an integral contributor to the day to day operation of a thriving hotel? In the role of Assistant General Manger, you will work directly with the General Manager to give impute into key property issues including capital projects, refurbishment of the hotel and developing customer service standards. You will direct and coordinate all operational activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize full potential with a balanced focus on hotel mission, guests, employees and owner’s satisfaction.
Do you love a fast-paced workplace where challenges turn into opportunities? Does mentoring a team and contributing to a positive team environment motivate you? Are you the kind of leader who is willing to “walk a mile” in your staff’s shoes? Do you thrive on maintaining and exceeding brand standards? If so, this may be your best career move yet!
As the Assistant General Manager, you will:
- Provide assistance to the General Manager in the day to day operations of the hotel;
- Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment;
- Oversight and training of hotel employees including performance reports, disciplinary actions and terminations;
- Act as the hotel’s public relations director and promote the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations;
- Monitor Guest Feedback;
- Receive and resolve guest complaints and service recovery process;
- Actively initiate recruitment, including posting jobs, screening candidates, new hire paperwork, onboarding and training;
- Maintain accurate records including cash flows records, guest floor limit, AR ageing reports, direct billing etc.;
- Ensure full compliance to franchise operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards;
- Health & Safety administer for the property;
- Perform regular property inspections and audits and ensure property, grounds and work areas are maintained to standard;
- Assist Housekeeping and Maintenance Managers;
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment);
- Cover shifts in all departments as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
You will excel in this role if the following describes your strengths:
- Leadership – You are a role model for your staff and can handle issues with a “can do” attitude, always remaining positive in the face of guest complaints, last minute schedule changes, or any issues that arise.
- Organization – As Assistant General Manager there will be a million things going on and everyone will assume you have it all under control. You are ahead of the game and always organized. You can stay focussed during busy times and delegate effectively to keep the hotel operations running smoothly.
- Recruiting and training – You know how to find quality staff and love to coach and mentor the staff team. You love to help new employees learn the ropes and become successful staff members.
- Friendly and outgoing – You have a dynamic personality and exceptional guest services skills. You are a people person who thrives on interacting with guests and doing whatever it takes to make a guest stay a positive experience. You are professional at all times with both guests and with staff.
- Staying attentive – You are always attentive to your guests and employees and are in tune with their needs. You don’t spend excessive amounts of time in the office, your eye is always on the ball. You know where your staff are at and motivate them to succeed and improve. You can anticipate guest needs and proactively ensure their stay will be a positive experience.
How to Apply:
If this describes your passion, skillset and experience, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your resume through the Apply Now button. We thank all who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- The opportunity to work with this hotel property comes with health benefits and a salary based on your experience.
- This is a full-time role.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.