Human Resources Advisor
Westridge HR & Safety Services is currently seeking to fill the role of Human Resources Advisor
As a Human Resources Advisor, you will be responsible for serving your assigned clients in a professional and timely manner. The successful candidate must have a practical understanding of the operations-side of business and how the human resources function impacts the performance of a business. You will be responsible for providing human resources guidance and support to employees, managers, and owners.
- Create, implement, and maintain human resource or health and safety policies and programs
- Develop and deploy training to clients, including orientations and manager training workshops
- Oversee recruitment cycle: writing job posts, screening, conducting interviews, and selecting candidates
- Draft documents, contracts, letters, and memos for managers or owners
- Serve as the initial point of advice, problem resolution, and facilitation to address employee relations, performance management, and employee discipline
- Advise both employees and management regarding employee relations policies and procedures, association/contract terms and conditions
- Research, identify and analyze specific employee relations concerns and makes appropriate recommendations to management
- Conduct investigations and determine action plan for improvement
- Membership in Human Resources Professional Association of Ontario; CHRP or CHRL designation preferred
- Excellent knowledge of legislation governing human resources and labour relations such as the Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Human Rights Code, etc.
- 3+ years of human resource experience in a generalist role or health & safety role
- 3+ years of operations or management experience
- University degree or College diploma in Human Resources or a related field of study
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills (soft skills)
- Able to perform under pressure of tight deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Valid G Drivers’ License and access to a reliable motor vehicle
- Part-time, management level. This position will likely grow to full-time position as business increases
- To be determined commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Qualified candidates, please send your resume. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Westridge is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.